Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Magic Fish Google+

Sunday 28 April 2013

Magic Fish

 I've seen several posts on pintrest about using a white crayon & water colours to make magic pictures & decided fish would be a good time to give it a try. I set the boys up with their watercolour paints, a brush & water. Note to self: buy non-spill cups, as we had a spill shortly after starting!
 I used white card as I knew the boys would end up getting it very wet, which they did mainly in an attempt to get the colour dark enough to see the magic fish picture. I did try to encourage blues/greens but was over ruled, Joseph (4.5) is very fond of his black. I wonder if he will grow up to be a goth?
 I was really disappointed with the effect of these fish, I had put an upper & lowercase F on the picture & scales & weed, but it didn't really show! I think with these paints the boys use to much water & not enough paint. I also think a sharper crayon might have helped. Next time i try this technique I will use pre-mixed water colours, either food colouring or ready mixed paint watered down. However once I cut them out they looked a little better & much more like fish.

Do you like the new 'You may also like...' feature at the bottom of my posts? Its from nrelate. I am also now finally on twitter & would love it if you could follow me.

x Jo x

1 comment:

  1. Well, I love them. I'm going to feature you tomorrow. Probably won't post until after 9 pm EST. I haven't written it yet :) I'll link to a few posts.

    ReplyDelete

Google+