Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Cardboard Box Storage Google+

Saturday 12 January 2013

Cardboard Box Storage

So I'm on a bit of a tidying & organising kick this year, I've not started let alone completed much yet however I thought I would share one small project that I have managed to do!

All of my Le Baby Bakery stock has had to live in our under stairs cupboard since we had Daniel, hes now 2.5 years old and I've never got round to organising this cupboard! Every time I need to choose the things to go in a nappy cake I end up taking nearly everything out spreading it all over the stairs & then having to put it all back! 

Before...

As I use a lot of nappies for my cakes & previously for the boys, I use a lot of Huggies boxes for storage. As I was taking these boxes in & out of the cupboard & searching for the contents, it occurred to me that it would be easier if i stood these boxes in their sides so that i could get things out & see things more easily. As I sorted through my large collection of Huggies boxes I had an idea to make something more permanent than a stack of boxes, a stack of boxes duck taped together!



Luckily I had several boxes that were the same width, I arranged these from tallest to shortest. And standing them on the floor (so the back would be flat) stuck them together using duck tape all the way round & back again. Once at the back & once towards the front. I then taped down the flaps of each box, which made this even more sturdy.

I then had the big task of taking everything out of the cupboard (hopefully for the last time) & then organising it in to the boxes. The top box has all my baby blankets, ready to use in nappy cakes, the next 2 hold all my fleece fabric for sewing. The second box up has several bags each containing all the things I need to make a cake, just add nappies, which are in the last box!


I'm really pleased how this quick & easy DIY project has transformed my cupboard, I even have floor space to walk in! I just need to find the time & motivation to organise the shelves on the left had side, which includes the rest of my fabric stash!

If you are looking for some organising tips & inspiration check out I Heart Organising, which is an amazing blog & they are focusing on home offices this month.

x Jo x


6 comments:

  1. I really like it! Looks much nicer now!
    I've done something similar for my girls - you can see it here http://stepfordska-supruga-en.blogspot.com/2012/10/cardboard-boxes-as-toy-cupboard.html, it's like a toy cupboard.

    P.S. I even chose (almost) the same blog design :)

    P.P.S. please turn off captcha, I barely managed to leave this comment for you. Look here for a tutorial on how-to turn it off http://www.dianarambles.com/2013/01/bloggers-against-captcha.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, capatcha is now off i didn't even realise it was on! I love yours it looks much prettier than mine.

      Delete
  2. What a smart idea! I have some downstairs closets that could use this type of organization!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Months down the line, this is still going strong, although the cupboard isn't as tidy!

    ReplyDelete

Google+