Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Road Signs - For Daniels Party Google+

Thursday 16 May 2013

Road Signs - For Daniels Party


For Daniels racing car birthday party I spent ages scouring pintrest for ideas, I loved these road signs so saved up my wrapping paper tubes from Christmas. I attached them to some boxes by cutting approx 1" up the tube all the way around then used duct tape to secure. It this point I painted them using the boys ready mix paint. My husband then took one look at my slightly wonky sign posts and said that they would fall over (I secretly agreed) & that I should have cut a whole in the box to push the tube through before taping! Along with some cursing, this is what I did along with some hot glue for good measure. 


For the crossing sign I tried using white paint on the stripes however it didn't cover very well even after 2 coats, so I ended up using double sided tape to attach white paper. I really wish that I had made my stripes thinner so I could have fitted a couple more on. 


To make the signs I used goggle images to look for the signs I wanted then used word to stretch them as big as I could fit on a4 paper. I then printed them out twice so that they would end up double sided. I then used prit-stick to glue them on to some cereal box card & once cut out some double sided tape to attach to the post. For the traffic light I used a large orange juice carton, again painted black & stuck on circles of coloured paper. To attach it I used my original method of cutting the tube & duct tape, this time with some added hot glue for good measure!


For Daniels Easter bonnet we had used craft foam to look like grass & tissue flowers. As I was looking to re-home the bonnet from the shelf in the kitchen, I took this opportunity to re-use it as grass at the bottom of a couple of the signs. On the party day I added a yellow balloon to the top of the crossing sign, to look like a light on top. I used double sided & normal tape, it only lasted about 20 mins before it kept falling off, so I wouldn't bother again!


I'm really glad I made the effort to make the signs as they really added to the overall effect. We left the signs at the hall for the toddler group to enjoy & they are still going strong a couple of weeks later!

x Jo x


1 comment:

  1. That looks like SO MUCH FUN!! What a clever idea =)

    I featured this today at TGIF - http://www.123homeschool4me.com/2013/05/tgif-linky-party-77.html Thanks for linking up and sharing your creativity with all of us! Feel free to grab an I was featured button if you like and I hope to see you linked up later today!

    Have a GREAT weekend!
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete

Google+