Google+ Le Baby Bakery: CD Fish Craft Google+

Thursday 24 October 2013

CD Fish Craft


I've been so wrapped up in Autumn & Halloween I've forgotten to share the details of the last of my summer messy play sessions. Our theme was the seaside to include the beach & under the sea. I have been wanting to make CD fish with the boys for a while so it seamed like the perfect craft for this theme.

Daniel (3)

Once I had collected enough old Cd's (thank goodness our local scrap store had some), I cut out lots of fins, tails & hearts for lips, form various colours of stiff paper (card or craft foam would also work well). You could glue these on, but would need to wait for them to dry before decorating the front. So we used sellotape to attach them on to the back of our Cd's.


We then flipped them over stuck on a googly eye & then the kids got creative with a selection of decorations to glue on.

My example fish, I love having an excuse to create!
Here are a few of our fab fish..

These would be great to make any time, but would be great if you are working on an under the sea theme or the letter F. Check back soon for the rest of the details of our seaside messy play...
 
x Jo x

1 comment:

  1. Oh these turned out great! And I am the same, too wrapped up with Halloween and Fall so this is project is actually a nice break from all that! I know both my girls would have fun making these Thanks so much for sharing them at We Made That Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Google+