Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Painting With Cars & Car Wash Google+

Friday 8 March 2013

Painting With Cars & Car Wash

 When thinking about a craft activity for our Letter C week, I did think about clowns or caterpillars, then I remembered that the boys loved painting with cars at a toddler group last summer.
The boys picture from last summer
So we chose a selection of cars, making sure to choose cars with different types of tyres. I put out 2 plates with paint on so they could drive the cars through the paint, then on to the paper. I also gave them each a sheet of scrap paper to use as a 'car park' to reduce the mess, this worked well & the 'car parks' turned in to good pictures as well!
Both boys have been really enjoying the painting that we have been doing recently, but getting the chance to get messy with toy cars made this much more interesting.
 After we had finished our painting Daniel (2.5) helped me clean up by washing the cars. I placed an ice cream tub of warm soapy water on top of a towel, this was for the cars to dry on & to soak up any spills. Daniel really liked this as he loves anything to do with water (like our Lego wash)

  x Jo x

9 comments:

  1. This is such a fun activity and I love the clean up with the car wash at the end.

    Thank you for linking up to Tuesday Tots and letting you know that I will be featuring this over on Rainy Day Mum this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boys would love this. Thanks for sharing at Family Fun Friday!
    Monica
    http://happyandblessedhome.com
    hope to see you again later this week at:
    http://happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable!! Thanks for sharing. It is spring break here so our paints are already out! Can't wait to bring out the cars tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your kids have as much fun as mine did!

      Delete
  4. Very fun. One of the first projects I did with my son was to let him use his hot wheels to create tracks on a paper - such fond memories!

    Thanks for linking up and sharing at TGIF! Hope to see you again later today,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your children look like they've had a great time here, it's such a simple idea isn't it? I should set mine up again, he had such fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice blog. I have been researching auto painting since my Honda Civic proved to have defective factory paint. I stumbled upon your blog and it was a nice break. Great ideas.
    BTW: No, Honda would not stand by their warranty. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure my 2 would happily come & paint it for you :-P

      Delete

Google+