Google+ Le Baby Bakery: Festive Sewing ... Google+

Wednesday 5 December 2012

Festive Sewing ...


As things are starting to feel a bit festive around here, I thought I would share some of my Christmas makes. I love sewing dresses more than any of my other makes, possibly as having 2 boys, it means that I get to make something pretty!


I'm really pleased with this pinafore dress is 100% cotton flannel, I love how the print is festive but not so much that it cant be worn after Christmas. It also has cute heart shaped buttons, that I found in my local haberdashery shop.

Pinafore dress - Age 1-2


I found these super cute Riley Blake Christmas squares at Prints To Polka Dots, one of my favourite online fabric shops. It was great that I could order 1 or 2 squares of each rather than having to buy a whole charm pack. They also sell all there fabric by the 'fat quater' which is great for small projects.

Patchwork Christmas T-Shirt - 9-12 mths
As well as using my machine I also enjoy hand applique, He was made using felt with a fleece scarf. I imported the carrot button from China, which I think finishes him off nicely.

Snowman Applique T-Shirt - 6-9 mths
 I also make a lot of bandanna dribble bibs which were one of my first sewing projects, since getting my own machine. I used these bibs all the time when Daniel was little as he was a real dribbler & always had wet t-shirts until I discovered these bibs. 

Festive Dribble Bibs - One Size
At time of writing all the above items are available for sale via my Facebook page, my ready made clothing & accessories can be found HERE & ready made bandanna bibs can be found HERE

x  Jo x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google+